Winter is the most dangerous season for driving. The frigid temperatures often lead to snow, ice, freezing rain, and other factors that can prompt hazardous winter roads that lead to motor vehicle accidents. If you have been injured in a winter-related motor collision, you should consult experienced lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. immediately.
Call us today at (312) 236-2900.
Causes of Winter Motor Vehicle Accidents
The lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. have helped countless clients recover damages from a variety of accidents on winter roads. Some of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents during the winter season include:
- Impaired Visibility: Falling snow, as well as windows and windshields full of snow or ice, can make it difficult for drivers to see traffic or potential hazards, thereby increasing the risk of getting into an accident.
- Black Ice: The layer of ice on the road that is unseen by drivers because it blends in with asphalt road surfaces is known as black ice. It can appear quickly and cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
- Speed: In the winter, drivers may need to slow down. Driving too fast can lead drivers to lose control of their vehicles and collide with others.
- Increased Braking Distance: When the weather is snowy and roadways are icy, more distance is required to slow down or come to a stop. Drivers who fail to slow down or stop are likely to experience a collision.
- Cracking Roads: Temperature changes lead to cracking in roads, which may cause large bumps and potholes in asphalt. Failure to avoid those hazards can result in unexpected accidents.
Types of Winter Motor Vehicle Accidents
Impaired visibility, black ice, speed, increased breaking distance, and cracking roads can all lead to a variety of accidents. At Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., our lawyers represent clients in cases related to these types of winter motor vehicle accidents:
Injured in a Winter Motor Vehicle Accident? Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C.
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident on winter roads, you should speak to lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. as soon as possible. Our experienced, compassionate attorneys will investigate your case, ensure your rights are protected, and help you obtain the maximum compensation in your case.
Our car accident attorneys serve clients throughout the Chicago area, including Aurora, Elgin, Hinsdale, Joliet, Naperville, and Waukegan. Call us today at (312) 236-2900.