legal blog

How to Get Medical Care After a Car Accident

Written by Jared Staver

Read Jared's Bio

Jared Staver is a Personal Injury Lawyer based in Chicago, Illinois and has been practicing law for over 20 years.

Jared Staver

CATEGORY: Auto Accidents

If you have been involved in a car accident, it is likely that you sustained minor or major injuries. If you have been hurt, it is important that you seek medical care right away. Many conditions only get worse with time, and taking care of an injury right away will be cheaper in the long run. If the accident you were involved in was caused by another person, it may be possible to obtain funds for your medical bills and other costs by filing a personal injury lawsuit. The attorneys at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers have years of experience helping people obtain funds for their injuries.

If you would like to file a personal injury claim, call (312) 236-2900 or contact us online immediately. Our attorneys can put your mind at ease by helping you navigate the legal system.

I am very pleased with how fast and diligently they worked on my case. They referred me to great Doctors and Therapist that worked with me and help accommodate my needs. Even going as far as having them send transportation to get me to and from an appointment.

Immediate Versus Long-Term Care

Injuries often require immediate care. Whether you are suffering from a minor concussion or internal bleeding, you should always seek medical care after you are involved in an accident. While all injuries need to be looked at when they are sustained, some need to be observed for weeks, months, or even years. If, for example, your neck was injured in a car accident, it may be necessary for you to stop in for monthly checkups. The nerve damage in your neck might slowly get worse, leading to chronic pain and other unwanted side effects. Other injuries that can result in needing long-term care include temporary or permanent paralysis, concussions, broken bones, internal bleeding, and loss of a limb.

If you Cannot Pay for Medical Care

If you have been injured in a car accident and you do not have insurance, you may be worried about how you will pay for your medical expenses. Regardless of your status, you should report to a hospital right away if you have sustained an injury that requires medical care. You will not be denied care if you cannot pay right away.

If the accident was not your fault, you may be able to pay for your expenses by filing a personal injury lawsuit. Losses that are often compensated in this type of civil action include medical expenses and pain and suffering, making it possible for you to pay for your medical bills shortly after you receive care.

How Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can Help

If you need funds to pay for the various expenses of a car accident, you may be able to obtain them through a personal injury claim. You can file a claim with the insurance company of the person who caused the car accident, and if your claim is delayed or denied, you may have to continue to court. Through a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, mental anguish, pain and suffering, disfigurement, physical limitations, and more.

Our car accident attorneys serve clients throughout the Chicago area, including Aurora, Elgin, Hinsdale, Joliet, Naperville, and Waukegan. The lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. will evaluate your situation and help you obtain the compensation you need to move forward with your life after an accident. Call us today at (312) 236-2900.

Free Consultation
(312) 236-2900
(312) 236-2900
Skip to content