With the heavy Chicago traffic, car accidents are unfortunately common. To stay up to date with the most common Chicago car accidents in the month of February, read the list below.
In the event that you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a car accident that was the fault of someone else, you should contact a Chicago accident lawyer at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. right away. We can discuss your legal options and determine your next steps during a free case assessment.
Call us today at (312) 236-2900 to schedule a free appointment.
Chicago February Traffic Accidents
- 84 Year Old Woman Carjacked in Evanston – On Thursday, February 1, an elderly woman was driving her car on Sheridan Road close to Davis Street when she was hit by another car. When the woman exited her car, the driver of the other vehicle stole her car along with her keys and wallet. The woman suffered no injuries.
- Multiple Car Crash Leaves One Seriously Hurt – On Saturday, February 3, four cars collided on the Dan Ryan Expressway going outbound. Of the 10 people who were in the crash, only one was seriously hurt and another suffered minor injuries. The accident occurred near 91st Street.
- Young Teen Dies in Car Crash in South Barrington – On Sunday, February 4, a fourteen-year-old girl was the passenger in a car when the driver lost control of the vehicle and collided into another car. The teen died at the scene of the accident. The accident occurred on Route 59 close to Penny Road. The drivers of both cars have not provided an updated condition.
- Aurora Woman Charged With her 6th DUI – On the evening of February 6, a woman who was driving under the influence caused multiple accidents within several minutes of each other. The accidents occurred in Aurora, and the woman was charged with felonies of driving while intoxicated, obstructing justice, and driving with a revoked license. She was also charged with multiple misdemeanors, including her 6th DUI. No one involved in the accidents suffered any injuries.
- Carjacker Assaults Man and Crashes Car Killing Man – Late at night on Tuesday, February 13, a 29-year-old man went up to a man in his car in the Goose Island neighborhood. He proceeded to open the door, assault the man, and steal the car. Soon after, the 29-year-old crashed the car. The driver of one of the cars died, and the man whose car was hijacked is in stable condition. The carjacker is currently in custody.
- Three Police Officers Injured in South Side Car Accident – On Wednesday, February 14, three police officers were on their way to a robbery in the South Side. En route, the police car attempted to pass a van and collided with the van while it was making a left turn at 8300 S. Halsted. This led to the police car to come into contact with a light pole. The driver is in a serious condition, and the other two are stable. The driver of the van did not suffer any injuries.
- Uber Passenger Shot in the Southside – Around 2 a.m. on February 19, a man entered an Uber in the South Side near the Grand Crossing neighborhood when a car pulled up next to the Uber and fatally shot him. The driver of the Uber drove the passenger to the hospital right away where he was pronounced dead. No suspect has been found.
- Metra Train Hits Car in Norwood Park – On February 19, an Inbound Union Pacific Northwest train hit a car in the Norwood Park neighborhood. The collision occurred at the Nagle Avenue crossing. The driver of the vehicle is in serious condition.
- Naperville Police Investigating Cause of Crash – On Sunday, February 25, a man driving on 87th Street left the road and collided with a tree. The man died at the hospital. The Naperville police are currently investigating the cause of the accident.
Injured Because of Someone Else in a Crash? Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C.
If you have sustained an injury due to another’s negligence, you should not hesitate to reach out to an attorney for help. Our lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help you pursue compensation for any medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact us today at (312) 236-2900 to schedule a free initial consultation.