A serious car accident may cause a driver or passenger to get ejected from a vehicle. When this occurs, they may face a serious injury or in the most severe cases, death.
Sustaining an injury or losing a loved one as a result of ejection from a vehicle can be devastating. You should consult a highly skilled attorney at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. right away for help pursuing financial recovery. Call today to schedule a free case review with a qualified lawyer.
Causes of Vehicle Ejections
There are many different reasons vehicle ejections arise. However, the most common cause is the failure of a driver or passenger to wear a seat belt. When a vehicle occupant abstains from wearing a seat belt, the sheer force of a crash may throw them out of the vehicle. Vehicle ejections may also occur because of:
- Significant speeding at the time of the accident
- Defective seat belts
- Damaged side windows
- Broken door latches
- Vehicle rollover
Injuries From Vehicle Ejections
Unfortunately, the injuries that occur after a vehicle injection are almost always life-threatening. Often, an occupant will get thrown out of a vehicle and the car, SUV, or truck will roll on top of them. Common forms of injuries from vehicle injections include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
How to Prevent Vehicle Injections in Chicago
There are specific steps Chicago drivers can take to reduce the risk of vehicle injections and the severe injuries that come with them. These steps include:
- Maintain your vehicle: Since faulty seat belts, windows, door latches, and other defective vehicle components can lead to vehicle injections, it’s vital to properly maintain your vehicle and inspect it on a regular basis.
- Avoid speeding: When you’re behind the wheel, adhere to the posted speed limit. To reduce the temptation to rush, you should attempt to get into the habit of leaving early.
- Check child safety seats: If you have a child safety seat in your vehicle, make sure it is correctly installed.
- Promote seat belts: Do not start driving until you and all other occupants are wearing their seat belts.
How a Skilled Lawyer Can Help
If you are hurt or lost a family member due to a vehicle ejection, it’s essential to contact a lawyer. They can conduct a thorough investigation, determine liability, and inform you of your legal options.
In the event the negligence of another party is found, you may be able to recover compensation for medical bills and lost wages and other damages. If you lost a relative, a wrongful death claim might be filed to ease your financial burden.
Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C.
Vehicle ejections are dangerous, making legal representation essential if you or a loved one got thrown out of a vehicle during a crash. Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help if you find yourself in this situation. Reach out to our firm today at for a free, no-obligation consultation.