Chicago Vehicle Accidents Attorney
You can be injured or lose loved ones in accidents that involve all types of vehicles, not just common cars, pickup trucks, vans, and SUVs. There are many types of vehicles on the road, land, or water that can cause a crash, altering your life forever. From being injured while riding your bike to losing a loved one in a train accident, our experienced vehicle accident lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. are here to help. We are here to guide you through the insurance claim process or a lawsuit to aggressively fight for your right to compensation. Our goal is to obtain as much as we can for you and your family to help you recover from your injuries and put the accident behind you.
Vehicle Accident Representation
Our legal team has decades of experience representing clients who were injured or lost loved ones in all types of incidents, including:
What to do After a Vehicle Accident
If you were involved in any sort of motor vehicle accident, whether you were in a vehicle or not at the time, there are a few steps you should take to protect your well-being and prepare for a future claim.
1. Obtain medical careBefore trying to move, take stock of your physical state. Are you bleeding? Does it seem like you have broken a bone? Did you hit your head really hard? If you believe you are injured, call 911 or call for help at the scene. Do not try and move if it could injure you further, unless staying in place appears to be a more dangerous option. If you injuries do not appear serious, handle the accident as best you can and then see a physician as soon as possible.
2. Get to safetyYour safety and health should be your main priorities. If you cannot move or are afraid to, wait for emergency medical responders. If you can move, try to safely get away from the accident or any other traffic. However, do not leave the scene. You can face legal trouble for leaving the scene of an accident.
3. Help othersIf you are able to, check on others involved in the accident. You may need to call 911 or help people to safety. Do not put your own health and safety at risk. Wait for the emergency personnel if necessary.
4. Take photosTake photos and videos of the scene on your phone or a companion’s phone. It is best if you can take photos and video from various angles and distances. Document the damage to any vehicles involved in the accident, any property damage, and any other signs of the accident. You may also need to take photos or video of your own injuries, or ask a family member or friend to help you do this.
5. Exchange informationIf each party’s health and safety allows it, exchange information. You will want to gather names, contact information, and insurance information. If there were witnesses to the accident, ask for their names and contact information as well.
6. Do not admit faultIn stressful situations, you may automatically want to apologize or take responsibility for what happened. However, you should not admit fault after an accident. At this point, you do not have all the facts, and your simple apology could be used by an insurer or lawyer to deny you compensation in the future.
7. Call a vehicle accident lawyerIf you were hurt in an accident or a relative lost their life, and you are confident the accident was another person’s fault, then contact us at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. today. We have the skills and resources you need to pursue compensation through an insurance claim, personal injury lawsuit, or wrongful death suit.
Common Causes of Vehicle Accidents
Like traditional car accidents, there are certain issues that commonly head to other types of vehicle accidents, including but not limited to:
If you were injured in a vehicle accident and you believe one of these factors caused the crash, or something else happened, call our lawyers of Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. for help. We are here to investigate what happened to cause the accident, determine which individual was at fault, and figure out who is legally liable for compensating you for your injuries or loss. Whether you were in a motorcycle accident where the other driver was texting or your child was in a school bus accident where the driver was intoxicated, we have handled all sorts of situations over the years. We have the knowledge, resources, and skills you need to fight for the financial recovery you deserve under the law. Contact us now to receive a free consultation (312) 236-2900
Auto Accident Insurance Issues
Most vehicle accidents do not go to trial. Instead, they are handled through the insurance claim process or settle before trial. However, to succeed in obtaining an acceptable insurance settlement, you may have to overcome a number of common insurance issues.
At Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., we can help you by:
1. Determining fault and liability.
If you were involved in a multi-vehicle accident in which more than one person may be at fault, your lawyer will need to investigate fault for the accident and determine who is liable. The individual at fault may not carry legal liability. For instance, liability may lay with the at-fault party’s employer or the lawful owner of the vehicle. Ultimately, your vehicle accident lawyer will need to determine which policy to file a claim under or manage multiple claims.
2. Resolving a lack of insurance.
You may run into the issue of not having a liability insurance policy that covers property damage or bodily injuries to file a claim under. The at-fault driver, operator, or rider may not have insurance. Depending on the vehicle, this could be lawful or they may have been driving while unlawfully uninsured. In either case, you need to explore other avenues for compensation. You may have a policy that covers your property damage and injuries. For instance, if you were in an auto accident and you have collision or uninsured motorist coverage, then your own insurer may be able to help.
3. Protecting your rights against insurers.
Once you have filed an insurance claim, it is up to you to cooperate. However, you do not want to say anything that could diminish your chance of a settlement or have the insurer to overstep its boundaries. A vehicle accident attorney can represent you during the insurance claim process, help you prepare to provide your formal statement, and ensure that you cooperate with the insurer while protecting your privacy. A common problem arises when insurers ask you to sign a waiver that gives them access to all of your medical records. This rarely works in your favor. Your lawyer will ensure you provide the insurer with all necessary medical documentation of your injuries while keeping your prior medical history private.
4. Detecting unfair or bad faith insurance practices.
There are numerous laws regarding how insurers must treat you when you are their client and when you make a third-party claim against one of their policies. Overall, they must treat you fairly and in good faith. If they fail to do this, you may have a legal claim against the insurer in addition to your claim against the party at fault for the accident. By hiring a vehicle accident lawyer, you have someone who understands your right to good faith dealings with the insurer and can spot unlawful actions.
How a Chicago
Lawyer Can Help
Jared Staver | Your personal injury attorney
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by another individual, then you may have the right to pursue financial compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of normal life or enjoyment of life
At Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., we are ready to help you fight for this compensation. We will represent you against any insurer or in court and we will always strive to obtain the maximum compensation for your physical, psychological, and financial injuries.
If you lost a loved one, we will pursue wrongful death compensation for your and your family’s:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Loss of economic support
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of household services
- Loss of consortium
- Grief and mental suffering
Whether you need to move forward with a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a vehicle accident, we are here for you. Our lawyers offer a compassionate, client-centered approach. We will be right by your side throughout this experience, ensuring every question and concern you have is addressed.
Contact us today at (312) 236-2900 to schedule a free initial consultation.