Broadside accidents, more commonly known as T-bone crashes, are among the deadliest and most tragic on roads and highways throughout Chicago and Illinois. Unlike head-on collisions, drivers are not typically protected by bumpers, airbags, or other safety measures; rather, drivers are exposed, and the effects can be felt for years.
And if the accident involves a commercial truck, the impacts are, far too commonly, potentially deadly. Inattentive, rushed, or intoxicated commercial truck drivers may inadvertently cause collisions with smaller vehicles, whose drivers are especially exposed to risk and injury.
If you’ve been involved in a T-bone crash with a commercial truck, it is important to seek representation from a qualified Chicago truck accident attorney who will fight for your compensation and seek a fair, equitable settlement.
Where Do Most T-bone Crashes Happen?
Most T-bone crashes happen in a few situations where drivers are uniquely exposed. Those include:
- Parking lots — where drivers are exiting and entering parking spots
- Intersections — where lights or stop signs may be (but aren’t always) present
- Busy streets — where vehicles may be turning
What May Cause A T-bone Crash?
Several factors may lead to a T-bone crash on busy streets and highways around Chicago and throughout Illinois:
- A driver doesn’t look both ways before merging onto a street
- A truck driver blows through a stoplight or stop sign at an intersection
- A driver does not exercise caution when pulling out of or into a parking spot
What Are Some Injuries Common in T-bone Crashes?
Given the unique circumstances involved with a T-bone crash, several injuries are seen far too often. These are just a few of the traumas that may lead to hospitalization, physical therapy, or surgery:
- Broken bones: A driver is usually exposed when T-boned; as a result, he or she commonly suffers broken bones.
- Tissue damage: An especially forceful impact may tear, impact, bruise, or otherwise harm muscle tissue.
- Lacerations: Flying glass or displaced metal may cause deep wounds and gashes in the wake of an accident.
- Paralysis: A driver may become paralyzed if an accident is forceful and severe enough.
How A Chicago Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
A knowledgeable Chicago truck accident attorney with Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help injured drivers restart their lives after a horrific accident. An experienced Chicago lawyer can work to determine fault, reconstruct the accident for insurance companies or responsible parties, confer with witnesses, and seek a fair settlement. Money recovered from responsible parties may cover your medical bills, physical therapy, auto repair, lost wages, and more.
If you’ve been involved in a Chicago truck accident attorney, seek legal assistance immediately by calling (312) 236-2900. Contact Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. today for a free consult and to discuss your accident with an experienced attorney.