Being in a car accident can be devastating, and it can leave you or your loved one with large medical bills, lost wages from time off of work, and pain and suffering. To stay up-to-date on the most recent car accidents in Chicago from month to month, continue reading below.
In the event you or a loved one suffer in a car accident due to the negligence of someone else, you should not hesitate to reach out to a skilled attorney for car accidents. At Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C., our team has years of experience helping car accident victims get back on their feet after an accident due to no fault of their own. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s actions. To discuss your legal rights during a free initial consultation, call us today at (312) 236-2900.
September Traffic Accidents
- Suspected Drunk Driver Crashes Off Bridge Into Construction Site – On Tuesday, September 3, an SUV crashed off of a bridge in the Loop at the 100 block of East Lasalle Street. The driver is in custody and suspected to have been drunk at the time of the accident. Those in the car at the time have stabilized.
- Police Car Crashes Into Civilian Vehicle – On September 3, a police car was driving with its lights and sirens on when it crashed into a vehicle in Gresham. No one was seriously injured, and there were no citations.
August Traffic Accidents
- Mother and Daughter Pass Away After Car Accident – On Friday, August 3, a mother, 82, and her daughter, 50, were killed in a car accident near Route 72 and Beverly Road. They collided with another vehicle, and their deaths were ruled an accident. The other driver is believed to also have life-threatening injuries.
- Woman Dies After Being Hit by Vehicle in Lawndale – On Sunday, August 12, a woman died after being hit by a vehicle in the Lawndale area. A 22-year-old man was driving when he veered off the road crashing into a fence. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, and the driver is being investigating for driving under the influence.
- Police Close Part of I-80 Due to Rollover Crash – Tuesday morning, August 14, the police closed down a portion of eastbound I-8o to investigate a rollover crash. No injuries were reported, and the expressway opened back up shortly after.
- 27-Year-Old Man Shot While Driving and Crashes – On August 18, a man was shot in his vehicle while driving in the 1600 block of East 50th Street and crashed as a result. Police suspect he was shot by a passenger, but the man would not say. Police are investigating the situation.
- Chain Reaction Crash Injures 11-Year-Old Boy – On Sunday, August 19, a semi truck crashed into three vehicles in West Naperville on I-88. Several drivers and passengers, including an 11-year-old boy, were taken to the hospital.
- Police Chase Leads to Eisenhower Expressway Shutdown – On August 23, police chased a vehicle that was thought to have been part of a homicide earlier that day. The driver crashed into I-290 and left four other vehicles damaged. As a result, all traffic was rerouted off the inbound Eisenhower Expressway. Police refused to give more information regarding the accident and are still investigating.
July Traffic Accidents
- Woman Dies in South Side Homicide – A 27-year-old woman died after being hit by a vehicle on the South Side. On June 30, a man drove his car into two people in the aftermath of an argument. The woman was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the case was ruled a homicide.
- CTA Bus Accident Leaves Six Injured and One Dead – On Tuesday, July 3, six people were injured when a car crashed into a CTA bus near the 5100 block of South Western Avenue. The driver of the car passed away after being taken to the hospital. All of those injured, including a one-year-old boy, are now in stable condition.
- Emergency Helicopter Crashes in South Side Area – On Saturday, July 7, a helicopter crashed near the Bishop Ford Freeway and Interstate 57. The helicopter, which crashed on its belly, was smoking when the emergency crew discovered it. Four individuals were taken to the hospital in critical condition; three of the four are now stable. Northbound lanes on I-57 and southbound lanes on I-94 were temporarily closed on Sunday morning. The cause of the crash is still being investigated.
- Woman Killed by Train at Homewood Station – On Tuesday, July 17, a woman was hit by an outbound train at the Homewood Metra station. The train was not meant to stop at the Homewood station, and no one was on it during the crash. No more information is currently available regarding the accident.
- One Man Dies and Another Injured in Crash in Chicago Heights – On Monday, July 23, one man was killed and another was seriously burned in a car accident at Chicago Road and 14th Street. One of the cars was in flames when the police arrived. The man’s death was determined an accident.
June Traffic Accidents
- Stolen Car Crashes and Leaves Two in Critical Condition – On June 3, near Augusta and Pulaski, a police officer attempted to pull over a stolen car. The car, trying to evade the police, slightly hit a CTA bus and collided with a fire hydrant. The driver of the car ran leaving five passengers, including a 17-year-old girl, behind. Two of the passengers suffered severe injuries.
- 38-Year-Old Man Drowns After Driving Car Into Lake – On June 4, multiple witnesses saw a man drive his car into a lake close to Route 45 and Northwind Boulevard. After the man was taken to the hospital, he was pronounced dead. Moreover, tests discovered that a medical event led him to drive the car into the water.
- Two Hit and Run Crashes Lead to Injury on Lakeshore Drive – On Thursday morning, June 7, a driver crashed into another vehicle while traveling near the 5600 block of North Lakeshore Drive. Approximately 20 minutes after fleeing the first incident, the driver collided with another vehicle close to the 4200 block of North Lakeshore Drive and proceeded to flee again. The victim of the first hit-and-run witnessed this, and as a result, drove his car the wrong way on the northbound lanes to get the police’s attention. This was successful, and the suspect driver is now in custody. The second car accident victim was taken to the hospital.
- Semi Truck Loses Load While Driving Northbound on Interstate 94 – On Friday, June 8, a semi truck was driving northbound on Interstate 94 when the truck hit an underpass near 130th Street causing the load to unleash. The beams the truck had been carrying hit a car, but there were only minor injuries sustained.
- Car Thieves Lead Police on a 100mph Car Chase – In the early morning hours on June 25, police responded to a call regarding gunshots and a car robbery in Palatine. Police attempted to pull the vehicle over. The stolen vehicle kept driving eventually to I-88 east where they crashed into two cars at Racine. Police stated that speeds reached over 100mph during the chase. The two individuals are now in custody.
- 2-Year-Old Dies After Accident in Southside Bronzeville Neighborhood – After being hit in a car accident at 49th Street and King Drive, a 2-year-old girl was pronounced dead on June 25, which was three days after the initial crash. The car with the little girl ran a red light and thus, collided with another car. The driver that ran the light was cited with multiple misdemeanors, including failure to drive without insurance and child restraint violations.
May Traffic Accidents
- Police Arrest Two Men After Long Police Chase – On Tuesday, May 1, a white Jaguar crashed into a police car and drove off. The police chased the car from University Village into the suburbs. Hillside police and Illinois State troopers also took part in the pursuit. The Jaguar ended up crashing into a pole, and the police arrested two men. The men were linked to two recent shootings.
- Vehicle Collides Into Western Union and Causes Serious Damage – Tuesday morning, May 8, a car crashed into a Western Union at the intersection of Broadway and Wilson. The entry of the building was severely damaged. The circumstances surrounding the collision and driver demographics are not available.
- Pedestrian Woman Killed in West Chatham – On Thursday, May 10, police were conducting a normal traffic stop when a Nissan flew by and struck two pedestrians at the intersection of 79th and Lafayette. A 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the hospital, while the other pedestrian got help at the scene of the crash. The car continued and crashed into a rideshare vehicle with a child inside. Eventually, the police caught the passengers who are now in custody.
- 16-Year-Old Boy Dies in Car Crash in Morton Grove – On Saturday, May 19, a young boy was driving when he crashed into a pole at Dempster Street and Waukegan Road. There was one passenger in the car at the time who survived the crash. The police are conducting investigations regarding the accident.
- Drunk Driver Fatally Crashes Into Pedestrian Woman – Early on Sunday, May 20, a man was driving in the Archer Heights neighborhood when he struck and killed a pedestrian woman. The incident was ruled an accident. He faces a DUI and several other charges.
- Young Man Dies in Genoa Motorcycle Accident – On Sunday, May 27, a 27-year-old man was driving his motorcycle early in the morning when he lost control while driving east near Wilshire Drive. He was thrown from his bike and was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Woman Cited for Disobeying Turn Signal After Crash on Lower Wacker Drive – On Tuesday, May 22, a woman disobeyed a left turn signal and crashed into four motorcycles while driving on West Lower Wacker Drive. All five individuals suffered injuries, but have now stabilized. She was cited with disobeying a turn signal.
- Car Chase Beginning in Des Plaines Ends in a Crash in Rosemont – On Wednesday, May 30, police attempted to pull over a vehicle that had multiple traffic violations in Des Plaines. The car did not stop, and Rosemont police took over. The car eventually halted when it collided with two other cars at Balmoral Avenue and Mannheim Road. The driver was apprehended and has pending charges.
April Traffic Accidents
- Man Injures 10 in a Collision in Buffalo Grove – On April 11, a man collided with three other vehicles causing injuries to 10 others in Buffalo Grove. He was charged with driving on a suspended license, running a red light, and failing to wear a seat belt. The conditions of the victims are unknown.
- Woman Dies Colliding With Utility Pole – On Thursday, April 12, a woman lost control of her car and collided with a utility pole while driving west on McDonald Road. The police are still investigating the cause of the accident.
- Metra Crashes Into and Kills 30-Year-Old Man – On Sunday, April 15, a metra train crashed into a man’s car between 119th Street and Wood Street. It was a Metra Rock Island Train that was going towards LaSalle.
- Two-Year-Old Boy Dies in West Englewood – On Thursday, April 19, a woman and a young boy were crossing at 71st Street and Damen Avenue when a minivan, who had the right of way, turned left and collided into them. The boy died at the hospital, and the woman injured her arm. Police are still investigating the accident.
- Man Dies After Driving Car Into Lake Michigan – On Friday, April 20, a 52-year-old man drove his vehicle into Lake Michigan in the Navy Pier area. He became trapped in his car. Marine Unit divers pulled him out of the water, and he was soon pronounced dead. The cause of his death is still under investigation, but it seems he purposefully drove into the lake.
- Car Drives Into Oncoming Traffic and Strikes Multiple Vehicles – On April 25, a woman was driving westbound in Gage Park. She went onto the median hitting two cars, which then hit five parked cars. The female driver and another driver both fled the scene of the accident. No one suffered any injuries.
March Traffic Accidents
- Elderly Woman Crashes into Elmwood Car Wash – On March 14, an elderly woman crashed into a car wash in Elmwood Park, causing the roof of the building to collapse. Fortunately, the woman walked away with no injuries. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Truck Causes a Nine Vehicle Crash – On Saturday, March 17, a man was towing a truck on Manheim Road when he lost control of his vehicle near Armitage Avenue. He proceeded to cause a chain-reaction accident, which included eight vehicles. Two people suffered injuries and were taken to the hospital. The truck driver was cited for failure to lessen speed to avoid an accident and improper lane use.
- Four Children and Five Adults Injured in Accident – On March 17, four vehicles collided at the intersection of Fillmore Street and Kostner Avenue. Nine people suffered injuries and were taken to various hospitals, including four children. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- 21-Year Old Dies in Hit-and-Run Accident – On March 21, a wrestler from the University of Illinois died in a hit-and-run car accident in the Rantoul area. He was involved in a car accident and left the scene after on foot. He was then hit by an unknown vehicle that fled the scene of the accident.
- Driver Kills One in Drug-Related Accident on the West Side – On Saturday, March 24, a man was driving north on Kostner Avenue when he recklessly side-swept a car and injured a pregnant woman. He then continued to drive and severely hit another car where the driver was killed. The prosecution found PCP in the driver’s blood, and he has been charged with reckless homicide along with multiple felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic citations. This was his fourth DUI after being arrested for one back in 2002.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Accident on Hainesville Road – On Sunday, March 25, in Round Lake Park on Hainesville Road, there was a three-car collision. Two vehicles collided and went off the road and hit another car. Witnesses say it sounded like a bomb had exploded. Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the accident.
Injured in a Chicago Traffic Accident? Contact a Lawyer Right Away
If you have suffered in a car accident because of another’s carelessness, you should reach out to a lawyer for help. We can help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Suffering in the aftermath of a car accident can be a difficult and complex time. Our attorneys at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can handle the legal process while you solely focus on your recovery. Contact us today at (312) 236-2900 to schedule a free case consultation.