According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were over 1000 fatal car accidents in Illinois in 2017. Being injured in a traffic accident can leave you and your loved ones seriously injured or even result in death. To stay up to date on the most current Chicago traffic accidents, read below.
If you or someone you love has sustained a severe injury in a traffic accident because of someone else, you should not hesitate to contact a car accident lawyer. Our lawyers at Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. can assess your case and discuss your legal options with you. Call us at (312) 236-2900 today to set up a free case evaluation with an experienced lawyer.
January Traffic Accidents
- Man and Woman Stuck in Car After Hitting a Tree – On January 3, a car traveling at a high speed lost control and impacted a tree on the 6100 block of West Higgins. The man and woman become stuck in the vehicle and had to be removed from the car by the police. They are both in critical condition.
- Woman Dies in Dan Ryan Accident – A woman abruptly changed lanes while driving on I-94 near 79th and severely rear ended another car on January 4. The woman died and injured two others. Dan Ryan inbound lanes were shut down for several hours.
- Six Year Old Dies and Eight Year Old Injured in Accident – A man operating his vehicle without insurance ran a red light on Halstead and collided into another car on January 8. The six year old died immediately, and the eight year old was injured and now has stabilized. The driver has been cited with several traffic violations and two child restraints.
- Car Carrier Shuts Down Inbound Lanes on Dan Ryan – On Tuesday, January 9, the inbound side of the Dan Ryan Expresssway was shut down in the afternoon. A car carrier had discharged multiple cars onto the highway. The exact cause of the incident still remains unknown.
- Three Die in Car Fire After Hitting a Pole – Early Friday, January 12, three people were killed after hitting a light pole, which lead the car to turn over and catch on fire. The accident occurred just west of the Calumet River. The names of the victims have not been made known to the public, and the accident is still under investigation.
- Car Crashes Into CTA Bus – Early morning on Sunday, January 14, a car crashed into a CTA bus which left four people injured. The car was driving on Roosevelt Road in the North Lawndale area and collided with the bus traveling on Homan Avenue. Each victim is in a stable condition.
- Woman Dies in Highway Vehicle Crash – On Wednesday, January 17, a woman was killed when she swerved into oncoming traffic on U.S. Route 176 near the 17000 block. It is suspected that cell phone use was in part the cause of the accident. The driver of the car she collided with remains in critical condition.
- Three People Arrested After Target Theft Leads to Car Crash – On Friday, January 19, a woman and two men were arrested after stealing from the Target at 12800 S. Route 59 in Plainfield. When they were fleeing the police, the truck crashed into two vehicles and finally stopped at the intersection of 135th Street and Essington Road. None of the parties in custody suffered any injuries.
- Young Driver Severely Injured After Losing Control of Vehicle – Early in the morning on January 25, a 19 year-old lost control of his vehicle in the Washington Park area. His car proceeded to go off the road and crash into trees. The driver was ejected from his vehicle. He is in critical condition, and his passenger is stable.
- One Man Dies in a Nine Car Collision – On Saturday, January 27, a man suffering from a medical emergency lost control of his vehicle and impacted eight other cars in the South Loop. The accident occurred near Wells Street and Congress Parkway. One man whose car was severely hit by the driver passed away, and 11 others were injured.
A Lawyer Can Help You Recover After a Car Crash
Being involved in a traffic accident can leave you unsure of what to do next and wondering how you can recover. A skilled lawyer can help fight for you and your rights. Our car accident attorneys serve clients throughout the Chicago area, including Aurora, Elgin, Hinsdale, Joliet, Naperville, and Waukegan. We have helped many of our clients receive the compensation they deserve after being hurt in a car crash because of the negligence of someone else, and we can help you too.
Call Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. right away to set up a free consultation. Contact us at (312) 236-2900 today.